Thursday, February 18, 2010

13 years ago today....


I can't believe Joey & Alex are 13 (well, not officially until 5:10 p.m. and 5:16 p.m.). Time has flown by when I think about it. Seems like yesterday we were going thru hundreds of diapers, doctor visits all the time, thumb sucking, baby food jars that I couldn't buy enough of---can you say Blueberry Buckle, someon always had an ear infection, baby bottles all over the kitchen, no sleep the first several weeks, pushing them in the stroller and going to the mall because that was all I could do with them and I was lonely, planning their first birthday, then their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and so on?! Now we've planned the Paintball Party for Sunday with 10 friends and cousins, sure to be a big, fun mess! Now it's all about their sports, phones, itouch, playing PS3, texting girls and hoping they text them back, wanting to "hang out" with their friends instead of the playgroups we used to attend, mom always being wrong, and don't EVER tell them what to wear or how to fix their hair. No one can tell they are twins anymore because Alex is so much taller than Joey (he's as tall as me now). Joey just looks at me with those eyes of his and he gets his slushie after soccer practice when I really just want to go home. Happy birthday beautiful boys. I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment